This quick and easy dessert takes only a few minutes to put together. It’s a delicious way to enjoy nutrient-rich blueberries. For a twist on the recipe, top with a little vanilla yogurt. This dessert recipe is good enough for company and easy enough to prepare regularly for your family.
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cooking Time: 45 minutes – Serves 4
- 10 oz fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 lb of fresh or frozen peach slices
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 TBS apple juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat over to 350°. Place blueberries in the bottom of a square 8-inch baking pan. If you are using frozen, make sure they are completely thawed and drained of excess water. Place peach slices on top of blueberries. If they are frozen make sure they are also thawed and drained of excess water. Drizzle ¼ cup apple juice over fruit.
- Remove pits from dates and place in the bowl of a food processor along with oats, almonds and cinnamon. After running the food processor for a minute and the dates have blended with oats and almonds, add apple juice, and mix well.
- Place mixture evenly over peaches and blueberries, and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes. Serve warm or cool.